Skip to main content

Final task: the second subject of my documentary

 During my final task, I plan to conduct two short interviews, one with my friend Alexei, who I have already introduced and done my preliminary task with. For the second interview, I plan to interview a family member who has a long history of working in charities.

Vicky is a close family member who has spent her life dedicated to working for charities, varying from mental health to disability charities. I plan to ask the subject non-personal questions, but more questions based on the solutions to mental health. For example, if you were me, how would you help Alexei? What can I do to help? Etc. 

I plan to conduct this interview soon sometime this week. I also plan to film the interview with Alexei again this week so I have lots of time to edit this footage before I go back to school after half term. 

I plan to conduct this interview at my home, and I will post a production plan additionally with a risk assessment.       


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Critical reflection essay

  According to Steve Neale, codes and conventions ultimately convey the idea of documentaries such as interview formats, non-diegetic voiceovers, diegetic music, onscreen graphics, and the use of mise en scene. ‘Our Silent Emergency’ by Roman Kemp (2021), doubtlessly influenced my documentary in its use of conventions. Kemp tends to narrate the documentary through a non-diegetic voiceover, which is an element that I have adapted in mine. During my research on Bill Nicholls's six types of documentaries, I gained the inspiration to create a participatory documentary; I felt as if this subgenre of documentary perfectly matches the description of what I wanted to create. This led me to believe my documentary was participatory because it includes people in front of the camera and not just my experience with the topic such as performative documentaries.   Another convention in which I decided to research was editing   and the use of montage and juxtaposition. In my opinion...