Skip to main content

Preliminary task: editing

 Today I edited my preliminary task, using Davinci Resolve. I cut excluded footage and decided on certain questions which could be valuable for my final task. I used Davinci Resolve as there were some issues surrounding the size of my files; I was unable to transfer the video files from my laptop to the school computer. The only way I could access Premiere Pro would be through the school computer. That's another reason why I prefer to use Davinci Resolve as it doesn't limit me to only being able to do my work at school, I am able to do it anywhere.


Overall, I believe the editing process went well, however, I want to continue editing to make sure my preliminary task is shorter. Of course, I will need to decide which parts to cut. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Ideas for the questions in my surveys

In my documentary due to the topic being sensitive I would like to complete my own research in which the candidates will appear anonymous. I believe this will provide a much stronger meaning and reinforce real statistics rather than statistics found on the internet. I aim to create a survey that any male individual can participate if they wish; I then want to compare these results with each other and see if there are trends which become macro or micro. I am not quite sure yet if I want to make the samples micro but more detailed, or macro and less detailed. I believe it would be better if I made the sample on the survey macro and then I can conclude an interview with a participant which focuses in more detail on the topic. I am also considering doing a survey for females, in which they state their beliefs into the terrible topic of male suicide. I feel like this would be beneficial to spread awareness to people. I have thought of numerous examples which I may use in my survey such as: ...