Skip to main content

Preliminary task: production plan

This weekend I plan to film an interview for my documentary with one of my closest friends who I feel would give a greater insight into my topic. I plan to conduct the interview on the 12th of February 2023. The venue will be his house. Firstly I plan to set up the lighting, depending on whether he is anonymous or not. I plan to ask him a list of open-ended questions including-

How do you believe the scaling issue of declining male mental health can be resolved?

Why do you think this issue is rising so rapidly?

However, I would also like to ask some more personal questions about his recent experiences that may have had an effect on his mental health. Of course,
any piece of information he wishes to not be disclosed will not be made public.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Ideas for the questions in my surveys

In my documentary due to the topic being sensitive I would like to complete my own research in which the candidates will appear anonymous. I believe this will provide a much stronger meaning and reinforce real statistics rather than statistics found on the internet. I aim to create a survey that any male individual can participate if they wish; I then want to compare these results with each other and see if there are trends which become macro or micro. I am not quite sure yet if I want to make the samples micro but more detailed, or macro and less detailed. I believe it would be better if I made the sample on the survey macro and then I can conclude an interview with a participant which focuses in more detail on the topic. I am also considering doing a survey for females, in which they state their beliefs into the terrible topic of male suicide. I feel like this would be beneficial to spread awareness to people. I have thought of numerous examples which I may use in my survey such as: ...