Skip to main content

Final task: production update and plan

 Every day during this half term I have been working on my final task and I have a clear plan set out for the filming of it. During Sunday and Monday, I plan to gather all the remaining establishing shots I need for my documentary. I plan to edit these before, in between, and after both interviews.

In regards to filming the interviews, I plan to film them on both Wednesday and Thursday this week, therefore allowing me to have time to review and edit them. I am confident I will be able to finish gathering all my footage before the end of this week, and I am confident enough that I will have had enough time to do a first draft of an edit. 

For the first interview, I plan to travel to Alexei's house for the interview, just like my preliminary task, however for my second interview I am still deciding where to film the interview, I am more pulled to the idea of filming it at my house as in the kitchen its very open and encourages open discussion, I also wouldn't have to travel to her house with all my equipment.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Ideas for the questions in my surveys

In my documentary due to the topic being sensitive I would like to complete my own research in which the candidates will appear anonymous. I believe this will provide a much stronger meaning and reinforce real statistics rather than statistics found on the internet. I aim to create a survey that any male individual can participate if they wish; I then want to compare these results with each other and see if there are trends which become macro or micro. I am not quite sure yet if I want to make the samples micro but more detailed, or macro and less detailed. I believe it would be better if I made the sample on the survey macro and then I can conclude an interview with a participant which focuses in more detail on the topic. I am also considering doing a survey for females, in which they state their beliefs into the terrible topic of male suicide. I feel like this would be beneficial to spread awareness to people. I have thought of numerous examples which I may use in my survey such as: ...