Skip to main content

Possible filming locations for my establishing shot



 In my documentary, I would like to open my documentary with two or three establishing shots. However, I would like these establishing shots to contrast. Firstly I will present one which promotes peace, tranquility, and relaxation and another one that contrasts and shows the reality of life.

However, finding these locations may be difficult as I am a boarder so I am limited time at home in which I can find these locations. As I have recognized this problem, I have researched different places where I can film these shots, using Google Maps and various websites so that I can efficiently and effectively have a plan of where I need to go to film these locations.

For my first establishing shot as said before, I would like a calm setting, these are some locations that I have thought of and feel would be a good fit for my filming:



Cloud Severn Shine-






However, I need to take into account that the weather may not be that good, however, I think that this shot is a perfect establishing shot. For my contrasting shot, I want it to be in a built-up area, promoting realism. Although it's hard to find shots on google maps, I have one place in mind.


This shot is a view of Shrewsbury from the castle, I feel it represents a civilized society and contrasts the previous establishing shot, however, I feel it isn't the best show or the best representation of what I want; but this is just an idea of the type of style I would like.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Ideas for the questions in my surveys

In my documentary due to the topic being sensitive I would like to complete my own research in which the candidates will appear anonymous. I believe this will provide a much stronger meaning and reinforce real statistics rather than statistics found on the internet. I aim to create a survey that any male individual can participate if they wish; I then want to compare these results with each other and see if there are trends which become macro or micro. I am not quite sure yet if I want to make the samples micro but more detailed, or macro and less detailed. I believe it would be better if I made the sample on the survey macro and then I can conclude an interview with a participant which focuses in more detail on the topic. I am also considering doing a survey for females, in which they state their beliefs into the terrible topic of male suicide. I feel like this would be beneficial to spread awareness to people. I have thought of numerous examples which I may use in my survey such as: ...