Skip to main content

Working title/name progression

Over time I have been brainstorming and starting to form ideas about the title in which I want to use for my documentary. I have come up with multiple different ideas however I am unsure if I want to pose a question as my title, or a fact/metaphor-based title. For example, I really like the idea of '1 man a minute, I feel like this name really puts my topic into perspective as I feel a lot of people are unfamiliar with this fact. In my opinion, a title that works as more of a statement would work far better than a question for this topic, as there isn't really a certain answer, it is indefinite.

However, a title that works as a question will enable me to centralize my documentary and creat a provisional answer for the topic. For example 'What is the impact of rising awareness for men's mental health?' and 'is the problematic issue of men's mental health able to be mitigated?'. However, in a subject like this, I would like to explore multiple contributing factors, not just can be reduced.

However, both of these ideas are only provisional and are working titles so they're subject to change in the near future, however, I am confident that the final title will follow one of these structures.


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Ideas for the questions in my surveys

In my documentary due to the topic being sensitive I would like to complete my own research in which the candidates will appear anonymous. I believe this will provide a much stronger meaning and reinforce real statistics rather than statistics found on the internet. I aim to create a survey that any male individual can participate if they wish; I then want to compare these results with each other and see if there are trends which become macro or micro. I am not quite sure yet if I want to make the samples micro but more detailed, or macro and less detailed. I believe it would be better if I made the sample on the survey macro and then I can conclude an interview with a participant which focuses in more detail on the topic. I am also considering doing a survey for females, in which they state their beliefs into the terrible topic of male suicide. I feel like this would be beneficial to spread awareness to people. I have thought of numerous examples which I may use in my survey such as: ...