Skip to main content

An interview technique I may try in my interviews for my final task

Today I reviewed Panorama by BBC and during the episode 'is the cloud damaging the planet', I found an extremely odd yet interesting interview technique. This technique consisted of an over-the-shoulder shot from the interviewee, to show the interviewer's reaction and facial expressions to the responses to the questions. I have taken a still to analyze.


I found this technique extremely interesting as it is not often shown, usually, all focus is on the interviewee, however, this is definitely an interview technique that I will consider in my final task.

I feel as if this interview technique would really work in my second interview, in particular as I will be talking about the solutions to mental health. I believe it really helps the audience to picture the emotion in the image.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Ideas for the questions in my surveys

In my documentary due to the topic being sensitive I would like to complete my own research in which the candidates will appear anonymous. I believe this will provide a much stronger meaning and reinforce real statistics rather than statistics found on the internet. I aim to create a survey that any male individual can participate if they wish; I then want to compare these results with each other and see if there are trends which become macro or micro. I am not quite sure yet if I want to make the samples micro but more detailed, or macro and less detailed. I believe it would be better if I made the sample on the survey macro and then I can conclude an interview with a participant which focuses in more detail on the topic. I am also considering doing a survey for females, in which they state their beliefs into the terrible topic of male suicide. I feel like this would be beneficial to spread awareness to people. I have thought of numerous examples which I may use in my survey such as: ...