Skip to main content

Final task: plan for the questions in my second interview

I recently posted a blog where I introduced my second subject to the documentary. Of course, with my first interview, I had already done a preliminary task with the same subject, so I already had an idea about what types of questions I should ask, however, I haven't ever done an interview with this subject before; so I will need to plan the questions that I will be asking in my interview. I want to keep the same structure of the interview as the first one, by cutting down the number of questions, therefore allowing much more focus on individual topics. 

The subject has a background in charity work, which I believe is a key aspect of this interview. I have already stated in my introduction I don't plan to ask very personal questions about this subject, but more in fact questions about which answers are solutions to this crisis. Meaning I will be asking questions such as...

If you were me, how would you help my friend Alexei?

If you were Alexei, what would you do to try and escape the trap of loneliness?

How should people deal with loneliness?

As before I want to keep on the topic of loneliness, meaning that the interviews will both be fluid and transparent within the documentary. I will later post a blog that has the finished and confirmed questions that I will be asking in my final interview.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and conventions of documentary

Codes and conventions of documentary

Preliminary task: editing using Premiere Pro

 Although I have already decided that for my preliminary task, I will be editing using Davinci Resolve due to it being more accessible, while I'm at school, I decided to edit the preliminary task with Premiere Pro as well just to compare the results.                                           I used Premiere Pro last year to edit my tasks but in my opinion, I found it far harder to use than Davinci Resolve, however now I am getting more comfortable with this software and would like to start using it more by practicing on it.

Ideas for the questions in my surveys

In my documentary due to the topic being sensitive I would like to complete my own research in which the candidates will appear anonymous. I believe this will provide a much stronger meaning and reinforce real statistics rather than statistics found on the internet. I aim to create a survey that any male individual can participate if they wish; I then want to compare these results with each other and see if there are trends which become macro or micro. I am not quite sure yet if I want to make the samples micro but more detailed, or macro and less detailed. I believe it would be better if I made the sample on the survey macro and then I can conclude an interview with a participant which focuses in more detail on the topic. I am also considering doing a survey for females, in which they state their beliefs into the terrible topic of male suicide. I feel like this would be beneficial to spread awareness to people. I have thought of numerous examples which I may use in my survey such as: ...